Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 13:53:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9dric=20Lamalle?= <cedric@cpac.embrapa.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install problems with 4.3-RELEASE

At Mon, 14 May 2001 it looks like C=E9dric Lamalle composed:

CL-->Hello,
CL-->I couldn't install the FreeBSD 4.3 Release on my notebook (HP Omnibook=
 XE2).
CL-->The loading of the Kernel (after the menu driven hardware config and c=
ommand=20
CL-->line config too) hanged after PLIP0. I thought this was a problem with=
 my=20
CL-->parallel, so before trying to redefine IRQ or so I decided to disable =
it to=20
CL-->see what could happen : this time the kernel stopped after the detecti=
on of=20
CL-->the comm ports... Same thing : freeze... I then decided to remove the =
com=20
CL-->ports, thinking of a general IO port problem, but nothing moved ! The =
kernel=20
CL-->still freeze (however, I'm able to reboot with the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys).
CL-->Any Idea ? What is the next piece of hardware (after cua and lp) detec=
ted by=20
CL-->the kernel ??
CL-->
CL-->Thanks for any help (and for reading this!).
CL-->

This same thing happened to me with FreeBSD-4.2 and a laptop I'm
using, for the hell of it I tried FreeBSD-4.1 and it didn't
hang. Mine hung at the same place.

--=20
Bill Schoolcraft           =20
PO Box 210076                 -o)