Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 10:54:07 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@picus.com>
To:        "William Lloyd" <wlloyd@slap.net>
Cc:        "Corey Ralph" <corey@net-tech.com.au>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Using radius to NT server?

** I've not tried it with a NT radius server but the pam_radius
** stuff requires
** that a full user account be setup on the freebsd box.  The pam_radius
** module will ignore the password part of the account and verify against
** the other (in your case NT) radius box.
**
** Don't think of it as a replacement for NIS/YP in this case.

I really wish it was a complete replacement for NIS/YP and/or the passwd
file, but I accept these limitations for now.

**
** You might check the TCP port that radius is using.  Different
** radius servers
** seem to use different default ports.  I think Livingston changed
** the radius
** default port somewhere along the line a while back.

The entry in /etc/radius.conf looks like this:

auth 192.168.10.2:1645 secret

It's correct according to the docs, and matches up with what 60 or so NAS
are using :)

Thanks,

-Troy