Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:33:16 -0900 (AKST)
From:      "Thomas D. Simes" <simestd@fireweed.net>
To:        Matthias Saou <matthias@accelance.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom 10/100 ethernet problem

Hi Matthias,

I'm running a Xircom RealPort REM56G-100 on my Thinkpad 390E with
4.1.1-RELEASE and had the "Config id 35 not present" error but I was able
to track it down to an IRQ problem. Here is my working /etc/pccard.conf
entry for the card:

# Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem (Ethernet part)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config  0x27 "xe0" 10
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether xe0 start
        remove  /etc/pccard_ether xe0 stop

I don't know if IRQ 10 will work for you or not - you'll will just have to
experiment.  Good luck :-)

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to this list... and I'm also quite new to FreeBSD, which
> explains the few problems I have that I can't solve yet.
> My pcmcia Xircom 10/100 ethernet + 56k modem card seems to have problems
> with ressource allocation, here is the error message I get either at
> boot time or when I remove/reinsert the card :
>
> pccardd[50]: Config id 35 not present in this card
> pccardd[50]:Resource allocation failure for Xircom
> pccardd[50]:pccardd started
>
> I've searched for people having the same problem, and all I've found is
> three web pages in japanese and an unreacheable mail in the FreeBSD mail
> archive... does anyone know how to solve this? What should I put in my
> /etc/pccard.conf?
> The only thing I've tried so far is removing IRQ5 from the
> /etc/defaults/pccard.conf because it's used by my OPL-3 sound card (I
> had that IRQ 5 conflict with Linux also).
>
> I'm running 4.1.1-RELEASE, the X-Developer base system with only
> WindowMaker and bash2 (I'm not used to tcsh yet ;o) on an Asus L7300
> laptop which dual-boots FreeBSD with a RedHat Linux 6.2 system (on which
> ethernet, modem, sound, irda, usb all work fine)... I've rebuilt my
> world and a custom kernel so far without any problems, that's about it.
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated :)
> Matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Saou
> matthias@accelance.fr

Tom

   "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Thomas D. Simes                                   simestd@fireweed.net