Date:      Sat, 03 Mar 2001 22:19:34 +0000
From:      Edvard Fagerholm <desti@sigtrap.com>
To:        Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@hotmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: C / C++, Networking, Tutorials, Links...

Ok, here are some starters (and actually a bit more than that too):

TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 1: The Protocols
W. Richard Stevens
ISBN: 0201633469

TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 2: The Implementation
Gary A. Wright, W. Richard Stevens
ISBN: 020163354X

UNIX Network Programming Vol 1: Networking APIs - Sockets and XT1
W. Richard Stevens
ISBN: 013490012X

Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment
W. Richard Stevens
ISBN: 0201563177

The C++ Programming Language
Bjarne Stroustrup
ISBN: 0201700735

The C Programming Language
Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie
ISBN: 0131103628

The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System (Unix and
Open Systems Series.)
Marshall Kirk McKusick (Editor), Keith Bostic, Michael J. Karels
(Editor)
ISBN: 0201549794

Programming with POSIX Threads
David R. Butenhof
ISBN: 0201633922

You should atleast get Unix Network Programming Vol 1, Advanced
Programming in the UNIX Environment and TCP/IP Illustrated Vol 1 and
preferably Vol 2 too.

Cheers,
Edvard Fagerholm