Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 11:44:19 -0400
From:      dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
To:        <didier@omnix.fr.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X25

>Hi
>
>Is there any possibility to use netccitt without any link to ip.
>
>I'm using some asm box to convert from an hdlc x25 line to
>an asynchronous flow of symplified packet
>such as:
>
>CALL:   incomming call
>LIB:    disconnection
>DATA:   data packet.
>
>is it possible to do something similar with FreeBSD
>
>what kind of board can I use to connect to the french x25
>network (Transpac)

We have a board, and an X.25 product for Freebsd...but the software
we provide only supports IP over X.25. If you wanted to use the netccitt
stuff, you'd have to do some work to make it work. Note that our board
has LAPB built it, so you dont have to use the unreliable netccitt LAPB
code.

Regards,

Dennis Baasch

>thanks for your help
>

>--
>Didier Derny
>didier@omnix.fr.org

Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX