Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 1995 19:03:08 -0800
From:      corellg@imagi.net (Gary B.Corell)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pastudio16 w/cd-rom

I wonder if anybody has had any success with a 1992 verion pastudio 15 sound
card. It features a soundblaster section with its own address, irq, & dma
( currently set at 220, 5 & 1 respectivly ) the pastudio section is set at
0x1f88, irq 7 dma 3.  all the "main" chips on it are labeled Mediavision
and the card has a label  "ixw pas16sl" and "650-0032-046" ( the last 3
chars could be 09G its hard to tell.) the card is connected to a Sony CDU31A.
Boot -c yeilds ncua  0x1f88 irq 10 & dma -1. after changing the irq and dma
to the "proper" addresses the system STILL doesnt see the card. One problem
I have is the manual doesn't agree with what the card is, i.e. the book
mentions a 50-pin SCSI. the cable between the card and CD is a 40 pin. I'm
told that MAY be a SCSI-2 connection. I don't know. I'm new to some of this.
I'd sure like to get FreeBSD talking to my CD-ROM. maybe I'm loking in the
wrong place. Any suggestions prefferably ones that would accomplish my goal
:)  ?
Gary B. Corell
corellg@imagi.net