Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:22:52 -0700
From:      Orion Hodson <orion@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter B <pb@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Chipset supported?

/-- Peter B wrote:

| Is there any FreeBSD support for these cards?
| I have checked GNATS + Mailing lists + Relnotes not a single reference..
|
| ALC201A  (motherboard builtin)
| http://www.epox.nl/english/products/motherboard/ep-8k3a.htm

This should work fine - it has a VT8233A southbridge which has an integrated
audio controller that is supported as of 4.6R.  The ALC201A is the AC97
controller and should not pose any problems.

| TerraTec digital 512 (PCI card)
| http://www.terratec.com/products/512i/nav_512i.htm

This card is based around the supported fm801.  Following on from your earlier
question about digital support, I have no idea whether digital output works
for this driver - you can check the specs against the driver if you are
inclined and/or modify the driver.  The specs are available at:

	ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/datasheets/forte_media/

Kind Regards
- Orion