Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 13:40:34 -0500
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pciconf broken?

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 11:02:09PM -0700, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> John W. DeBoskey wrote...
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I'm running FreeBSD 3.0-980223-SNAP (GENERIC).
> >
> >    When I run pciconf, I get the following:
> >
> > # pciconf -l
> > pciconf: ioctl(PCIOCGETCONF): Operation not supported by device
> >

> >    Does anyone have any info about this? Should it work? Is it
> > a known problem?
>
> 	This is a known problem.  I believe it has been broken since around
> April 1997.

Hmm. It was working on my -CURRENT box from Dec. 8th, but I
just cvsup'ed and made the world last night and now pciconf
doesn't work...

So I would guess it broke somewhere in between :-)

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code