Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:31:13 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: perhaps one of phk's "intern" projects?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:20:51AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> It'd be nice if one could pass a time specification to at in the form of "next
> reboot".

This could be implemented as a startup script, no?
On second thoughts, not quite trivial.

It wouldn't be hard to write a separate utility to schedule jobs to be
serviced at the next reboot; integrating this functionality into at(1)
would be nice, too, though maybe just a little bit harder - it would
require the time to parse the at(1) sources ;)  Then it would be
as simple as making the command-line scheduling utility write the job
into the at-next-boot utility spool dir instead of the regular at(1)
spool dir; or maybe the at-next-boot utility could just look through
the regular at(1) spool dir for some specially-marked files that at(1)
would ignore..

I would be willing to do this, if no one else volunteers.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This would easier understand fewer had omitted.