Date:      Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:27:29 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ibooks

Hi Lyndon,

> Are 12 inch ibooks bootable these days?

  Which model do you have ? I've booted on my ancient 366Mhz toilet-boot
12" OK.

> I've been trying with the  last
> snap and i keep getting hung up in a KDB screen. Nothing that I  can
> snarf-n-barf of course, so I can't reproduce details.

  Does this happen very early on in the boot sequence when you hold down
the 'C' key to boot off the CD ?

  If so (this happens on my eMac), then break into OpenFirmware at
boot-time and manually boot with:

0 > boot cd:,\boot\loader cd:0

  If not, would you be able to transcribe a line or two on the console
before it traps into kdb ?

later,

Peter.