Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:22:41 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        daniel_sobral@voga.com.br, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why so many steps to build new kernel?

> >  > Since compiler users outnumber compiler writers 1000:1, if it's
> >  > possible to save a compiler user 1 hour, it's worth 1000 hours
> >  > of the compiler writer's time.
>
> I'm willing to be democratic here.

Since when was development ever claimed to be a democratic process?

Heck, I've got 10-20 people willing to be added to the 'FS-101' list by
you, but up till now very little progress has been made.  Why do you
expect other developers to spend the 1000 hours of work add new features
to make your life easier when you aren't willing to spend 1-2 to get
things started.

Nate