Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2006 14:56:24 +0200
From:      "Jindra Fucik" <fulda@seznam.cz>
To:        <freebsd-usb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   device uhid - read only device?

Hi list,

I'm trying to create usb device based on PIC16C745 chip
(http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/41124c.pdf)

I have done test device (buttons and leds)

My device working as generic uhid device.

I have little problem with FreeBSD - if I have loaded device uhid, my device
is recognized as /dev/uhid0 - it is OK, I can use
evzen# usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -a
usbhidctl: device does not support immediate mode, only changes reported.
Microsoft:0x0001.Microsoft:0x0001=0
Microsoft:0x0001.Microsoft:0x0002=1
Microsoft:0x0001.Microsoft:0x0003=63
Microsoft:0x0001.Microsoft:0x0004=51

It is fine - I can read status of buttons etc.

Problem is writting to device.
I see, that there is api for write usbhid(3) - hid_set_data, but nobody
using this.
I see, that usbhidctl are different than OpenBSD version - removed switch -w
(write to device)

It is mean, that uhid under FreeBSD are "read only"???

Jindra