Date:      13 Dec 2007 16:30:26 -0000
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't boot NanoBSD on an Alix board

In article <1071112.04615.8117@localhost> you wrote:
> I still can't seem to get NanoBSD running on an ALIX board.  I have tried
> everything mentioned in the list it seems.  Maybe I am overlooking
> something?
>
> I even tried to go into sysinstall's fdisk and change the bootloader to
> standard mbr (no boot selector) for the da0 device (flash card)
>
> now i get the error:
> DISK SLICING WARNING: chunk 'da0s1' [63..997919] does not start on a track
> boundary
>
> any other suggestions?  Could it be the fact that I am using the card on the
> USB interface and info isn't getting written to the proper geometry? (my ide
> card reader should be here tomorrow reguardless)
Have you tried turning off packet mode?  The man page for boot0cfg doesn't
mention this option, but you can do something like:
  boot0cfg -o nopacket da0s1

Larry Baird                        | http://www.gta.com
Global Technology Associates, Inc. | Orlando, FL
Email: lab@gta.com                 | TEL 407-380-0220, FAX 407-380-6080