Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:39:00 +0200 (EET)
From:      Taavi Talvik <taavi@uninet.ee>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mandating USA_RESIDENT

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Not yet, but it should. If someone can help me out here it would be
> > greatly appreciated.
>
> "Setting it in sysinstall" is easy.  Deciding where and how to set it
> is more the sticking point.

Maybe we should extend meaning of USA_RESIDENT or introduce new variable
indicating contry. After doing netfork install, subsecuent fetces for
ports/packages/distfiles from nearest
ftp.xx.freebsd.org/cvsup.xx.freebsd.org is really handy. Specially for
newcomers, who do not yet have idea of editing /etc/make.conf

best regards,
taavi