Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 21:45:46 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: zipfs filesystem anyone ?

> > The VFS interface is not reflexive.
>
> Forgive me, but does that mean that the interface doesn't jerk when you
> hit it in the knee? *grin*

No, it's a term from computer science, not medicine.

It means that there are side effects to the interface, and that the
caller is dependent on the side effects.

It's very difficult to proxy a side effect across a procedural only
interface (like corssing the user/kernel boundry).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.