Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 09:39:51 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de (Matthias Apitz)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c589D and pccard support in FreeBSD 2.2.5

> I'm trying to install PAO card support on my new notebook
> which has an O2Micro 6832 CardBus bridge and a 3Com 3c589D
> card attached. The FreeBSD is 2.2.5 from CD-ROM together
> with the PAO-ready boot-diskette.

FWIW, this hardware should be supported 'out of the box' with the LAPTOP
kernel in FreeBSD 2.2.6.

> The interface is configured and up but there is some
> problem with it. IP packages on the network are not quickly
> and/or reliable delivered to the TCP modules.

This came up 2-3 days ago on this list, and the problem is that the IRQ
assigned to your card is actually in use by some hardware on your box,
but the FreeBSD kernel doesn't know about it.  (A built in IR
port/sound-card, or something).

You'll need to hard-code the IRQ used.

Nate