Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Douglas Ambrisko <ambrisko@tcsi.com>
To:        durham@tcsi.com (Jim Durham)
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Specs on a Hitachi CM2085me monitor anybody ??

Jim Durham writes:

| Any suggestions on where documentation on BIOS video modes may
| be lurking on the net?

vgadoc is useful, I recall it is in the simtel archives.  It contains
programing info for a lot of cards.

| Of course, the absolute topper would be to hack the BIOS rom so that
| it natively boots to something your monitor can handle!  ;-) .

Well, I hacked booteasy to set my card so my wife can see F1 for DOS
F2 for FreeBSD.  The problem I ran into with FreeBSD is that it would
sort-of work okay for the boot loaded except for printing text in blue(?).
and then when the kernel started the text was not visible.  I poked around
in syscon but never got anything reasonable working.

Doug A.