Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 95 19:52 CDT
From:      steve@simon.chi.il.us (Steven E. Piette)
To:        questions@freebsd.org, rogerp@xnet.com
Subject:   Re: SMC EtherEZ

> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 18:49:56 -0500
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> From: rogerp@xnet.com (Roger Plichta)
> Subject: SMC EtherEZ
>
> Sorry 'bout this mail, thanks for the help.
>
>         I've a SMC EtherEZ isa 10baseT card installed in my Pentium.  I
> attempted to configure the card using the SMC 8216 protocols (ed) driver,
> but when I finish the network configuration I get a message telling me that
> the interface can not be configured, error.  My question is: does FreeBSD
> support the EtherEZ card which supposedly emulates (???) the 8216 in
> certain instances?
>
> Thanks ,
>
> Roger Plichta                     |    (708) 980-6188
> 494 Conway Bay                    |
> Roselle, IL  60172-1206

You don't say which version of FreeBSD your running, but for 2.0.5 and later
you must disable plug and play and set the card to 280h IRQ 5 mem 0xd800.

Contact me if your running pre 2.0.5.
Steve Piette                                       Applied Computer Technology
steve@simon.chi.il.US.                             7N852 Phar Lap Drive
(708) 513-6920                                     St. Charles, IL 60175-6868
By sending unsolicited commercially-oriented e-mail to this address, the
sender agrees to pay a $100 flat fee to the recipient for proofreading
services.