Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 15:35:13 +0200
From:      Johan Sunden <d3sunden@dtek.chalmers.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions.

Hello, I am thinking about buying the FreeBSD CD-ROM, but before
I do I would like to know if the implementation and organisation
of FreeBSD is wery different from the 4.3 BSD UNIX Operating System.
I am supposed to study 4.3 BSD and would like to know if FreeBSD
is anything like it, or if buying it will just screw things up for me.

Would it run on my system:
AST 6066d 486DX2, 32Mb RAM, 1280 & 270 Mb Hdd on a
Promise EIDE Max card, Soundblaster 16, Sony ATAPI CD player and
a cirrus logic graphics card built in on the motherboard.

How much space would it take?
No network. I want X , emacs and do system programming in c,c++.
I could give it the whole 270 Mb Hdd, Would that be enough or
does it need more?

I have seen a little of FreeBSD once and got interested,
but I must know more before I decide to buy it,
It looked good though. Keep up the good work.

Hope it's not to much trouble for you.
Bye for now.
--
 * Johan Sunden  * d3sunden@dtek.chalmers.se * Tel(hem): 031-81 22 63 *