Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 13:18:55 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Markus_D=F6hr?= <doehrm@aubi.de>
To:        "'Don Read'" <dread@calcasieu.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Windows NT

> > etc. Although all the *BSD and *nix are obviously much more=20
> stable and much
> > faster, many companies don't have any specific knowledge of=20
> programming HTML
> > nor
> > PHP-3. They'd like to have a ready solution for their need, only
> > customization
> > has to be done, no real programming and adaption. They want=20
> install on monday
> > and run productive at thursday.=20
>=20
> primary web-server,
>=20
> Monday  18:30 2.1.6=20
> Tuesday 07:30 3.2
> and the NT has what advantage ?=20

Installing NT on monday, installing sql and merchant server, exporting =
tables
from ERP, importing into sql on webserver, connecting to bank. =
everything in one
week... you can do that with BSD without knowing anything about =
webserver
techniques, vi, apache and postgresql/mysql?

tell me the ready to use product and I'll transport from NT to freebsd =
today...

--
Markus Doehr                    =20
IT Admin                       =20