Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 1999 02:52:55 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <rock@dead-end.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio working

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <3823540C.AE8ADA4F@dead-end.net> "D. Rock" writes:
> : I tried many different combinations. I disabled the onboard serial devices
> : in the BIOS and kernel, so config index 0xf could grap io port 0x3f8 with
> : irq 4 but the only thing I get is
> : sio2: configured irq -1071415680 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
>
> That is very odd...  Do you have sio2 in your config file?  If so just
> take it out and see if that helps or hurts (or replace what is there
> with "device    sio2"  As always when you see odd problems like this,
> try a make clean && make depend && make in the compile directory
> (after reconfiguring).  I don't think it will help the current
> situation, but it won't hurt.
With the latest -current I get a slightly different output:

Nov  7 03:34:47  /kernel.new: pccard: card inserted, slot 0
Nov  7 03:34:57  /kernel.new: sio2: irq maps: 0x105 0x105 0x105 0x105
Nov  7 03:34:57  /kernel.new: sio2: probe failed test(s): 0 1 4 6 7 9
Nov  7 03:34:57  pccardd[15]: driver allocation failed for Intelligent(PCMCIA FAX+MODEM): Device not configured

How intelligent is pccardd? This card has several config entries, but only the
first one contains also possible IRQs, the additional entries only contain
I/O ports. So I also tried to use the first one (and disabling the conflicting
sio0 in BIOS + kernel config)

Daniel