Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 08:29:12 -0400
From:      "Jeff Ehrenkrantz" <Admin@DelValley.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   tty ?

Hi all,
I evidenty changed somthing and didn't realize it.
While sting to set     stty erase ^?   to allow me to work remotly from a mac :(
I think i screwed over something relatted to tty.
Now any time I try to log in from anywhere (except the consule it's 70 miles away haven't tryed it yet)
the login won't take a  s as a valid key... well actuall it has become the destructive backspace. therefore i can't login and use an
s .. funny thing is i  have an s in the root  password. so although i can login as another wheel user i cand su to root to fix
things.
i can't even copy stty to something that doesn't have an s in it.
I'm using 3.2 release would someone send me a copy of stty with permissions set to enabe group write enable. And does anyone know
the name of the actual fill I most likely screwed over .
Thanks..je