Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:48:40 -0500
From:      "JoeB" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>, "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>, "Matthew Seaman" <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Apache_fp Port install problem

I installed apache-fp on newly install FBSD 4.7 system that was
installed from cd without any compt selected from /stand/sysinstall
process and apache-fp was the first port installed on this system
and in went in with no problem. You must have an older version of
compt3 on your FBSD system that is causing the problem. If you
installed compatibility from the /stand/sysinstall process during
the original install then I believe the ports/make environment does
not know about it and the only solution is to reinstall FSBD from
cd.  The other problem area is that you may have a old version of
compt3 on your ports installed environment and if so, you will have
to find which of your installed ports has compt3 as a pre-rec,
deinstall all the ports using it, delete compt3 from
/usr/ports/distfiles, and then make the ports again.  Or install
portupgrade and let it do all the detail work for you.