Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:44:31 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        jkh@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA stuff.

Oops!

In article <199601260409.NAA14060@frig.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>
hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp writes:

>> Current status of our work:
>>
>> 1. SIO_QDHACK is replaced with a solid code.
>> 2. Some NE2000 compatible Ethernet PCMCIA cards are under pre-alpha
>>    testing.
>> 3. We're asking some hardware vendors about the specification of
>>    PCMCIA cards and PCICs.
>> 4. Current ATA/Flash ATA implementation has some problem about unit
>>    number on desktop machine with PCMCIA card slots.  I'm going to fix
>>    this bug.
>> 5. (This is not about PCMCIA stuff, but necessary for Laptops)
>>    ports/packages works of WIDE DHCP package are done!

6. How to treat the bugs and problems related to power management is
   now still under discussion.  If your particular cards (I know 3C589
   is one of them) can't survive suspend/resume operation, please
   remove these cards from the machine before suspending it (and
   insert it again after it resumes).  We will implement better
   mechanism to cope with these problems, so please wait.  Of course
   we *can* solve this problem now, but we *want* better solution.

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html