Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 05:24:26 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Tookit info

> Sorry, I guess I'm dumb but I can't understand what's so hard about
> this.  If you just let me know how much space I have, I can give you
> the packages and distfiles split up, no problem.  (A long time waiting
> for all those compilations you know! :)

Well, there's nothing "hard" about it just so long as you give the
package user a Satisfactory Installation Experience(tm) from CD #1 of
the mainstream CD and whatever CD(s) are package/port related on the
toolkit CD by preserving dependencies and making "popular" stuff easy
to install.  I was simply stating it in detail and am very pleased to
hear that you say it'll be an easy task - I'll be able to give you
preliminary size information for the 3.0 CD products the first week of
October, when I start doing my first serious test runs.  In fact, I'll
just do the release building on a freebsd.org machine (rather than
time.cdrom.com, my usual build box at home) and we can combine our
testing efforts.

- Jordan