Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 07:42:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing and Running PostgreSQL

On Wed, 26 May 1999, David Kelly wrote:

> >    Now, add the lines
> >
> >    options         SYSVSHM
> >    options         SYSVMSG
> >    options         SYSVSEM
> >
> >    to your config file somewhere. I usually add them at the end, but
> >    placement is of less importance for these particular items.
>
> The good news is all 3 of the above are apparently now standard in
> RELENG_3's (3.2-STABLE) GENERIC.

Thank you!  Glad to hear it...
I always wondered why only one was enabled by default.

Now can we get PG binaries online somewhere?!  ;-)

I don't see why (if the builder does the regression tests) we would
hesitate to make them available...it's nice to have the PG src tree
but it's also nice to get your database happening asap and the db
binaries are a fraction of the size of the src tree.

Just my view...

Cheers,
Tom
----
         North Richmond Community Mental Health Center

         Thomas Good   Information Systems Coordinator
         E-Mail:       tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
         Phone:        718-354-5528
         Fax:          718-354-5056

                 Empowered by PostgreSQL 6.3.2