Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:14:08 -0700
From:      "Jacob S. Barrett" <jbarrett@amduat.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bandwidth Usage Billing

On Friday 11 June 2004 09:01 am, Max Clark <maxc@beast.clarksys.com> wrote:
> Have you had any problems using mrtg+rrd to track this data? I guess the
> better question would be, what would advantages of using cricket over
> mrtg (or vice versa) be?

You can do it with MRTG.  I just liked the simple configuration of cricket
over MRTG.  I didn't need anything pretty either since we don't give access
to cricket graphs directly.  Users must go though our custom PHP pages that
use RRDTool directly.  Our custom scripts generate the standard bps rate
graph, a daily consumption graph, and a monthly running consumption graph
against their quota line.  Obviously we bill based on consumption not 95th.

--
Jacob S. Barrett
jbarrett@amduat.net

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."