Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:08:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Robertson <max@underdog.maxie.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Amancio Hasty Jr. wrote:

> Well, my Ascend Pipeline 50 has just one isdn interface so two
> ISDN lines is out of the question.
A single ISDN line has two 64K data channels, each with it's own phone
number (SPID). It was those two channels I was referring to. I'm pretty
sure all the Pipeline 50 support both channels for 128K total bandwidth.
You can telnet to your pipeline and check the configuration, it should
have two SPID slots.

	As for Multible ISDN lines, l'm not sure there would be a way to
load balance them using the Pipeline 50's, since they grab the IP packets
directly off ethernet. A solution with the internal cards might possible,
since you could control directly which card gets which packet.

  James Robertson
  Treetop Internet Services