Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:44:07 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
To:        lederer@bonn-online.com (Sebastian Lederer)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP 7100i

> J Wunsch wrote:
>
> > As John Prince wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone had any luck using/creating a driver for the
> > > HP's New  -- HP 7100i Internal IDE CD-ReWritable Drive
> >
> > Try Jörg Schilling's cdrecord program.  I don't have a URL handy, but
> > if you search in DejaNews for this name, you should be able to find
> > it.
>
> See http://www.fokus.gmd.de/nthp/employees/schilling/cdrecord.html .

Guys he's talking about an IDE device, cdrecord is for SCSI devices...

As far as I know there has been no work done on this yet. I even
have no idea how they do this but I presume they use the ATAPI
extensions for this, so it _could_ look like the SCSI counterparts.
I'm afraid that support for this is not very likely, without someone
either does the job (requieres pretty solid kernel hacking experience)
or donates a drive to the FreeBSD project.

Søren Schmidt               (sos@FreeBSD.org)               FreeBSD Core Team
                Even more code to hack -- will it ever end
..