Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 2003 16:52:42 -0800
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail waiting?

My experience is that if your network goes down or DNS cannot easily
resolve your name, sendmail will pause for a bit.  I believe installing
a caching(sp) name server on the box will probably help out.  I cannot
remember the command to install it, so check the archives, but it is
really simple.

Hope this helps.