Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 18:19:37 +0900
From:      FUKUI Rei <fkr@tooyoo1.l.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        fkr@tooyoo1.l.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   [951104-SNAP] can't NFS, please help!

Hello.

I have two FreeBSD box up and running which are connected to a Sun
SparcStation by NFS.

I am now trying to install FreeBSD(951104-SNAP) on another PC via NFS
but this time the installation fails with the following NFS error:

  mount_nfs: can't access /usr/local/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.0-951104-SNAP:
  Permission denied.

On the NFS server side (SunOS-4.1.4),

  /usr/local/pub -access=FOO1:FOO2:FOO3

FOO1, FOO2 have been already connected via NFS (both are FreeBSD
hosts) for a long time, and this time I added FOO3 for the new PC
which was refused with the above error. I executed `exportfs' on the Sun
box of course, and I tried all the `options' on installation procedure
but nothing helped. Also the problem of subdirectory mounting seems
not to be the point.

`FOO1' is FreeBSD-2.0 and `FOO2' is FreeBSD-2.1.0-950726-SNAP. Is there
any change in the behavior of NFS between 950726-SNAP and later SNAPs?

Or am I forgetting something important?

PLEASE, PLEASE help me!

FUKUI Rei  fkr@tooyoo.l.u-tokyo.ac.jp