Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:19:39 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Marc Butler <marcbutler@acm.org>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Building under Solaris.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:13:48PM -0700, Marc Butler wrote:
>  I'm loathe to post this email, but I can't find any documentation.  I'd
> like to build FreeBSD under Solaris, and boot it off the second hard drive
> in my Blade 100.

If there is ANYWAY you can find an old x86 box you could install FreeBSD
on, your life will be MUCH easier.

That said, I think we are just about to the point of being able to
self-host.  You'll still need an NFS server for your root, but another
Solaris will probably make a better NSF server than FreeBSD does.  I have
a host=target=sparc64-*-freebsd toolchain I will make available on Monday
(unless something comes up).

>  The build environment stuff in CVS expects (especially Makefiles) seems
> deliberately slanted towards FreeBSD (understandably).  I'm just looking to
> get a hand-up.

You will also want to get the special sparc64 repo thru
cvsup10.freebsd.org.  You'll have to poke someone else for the details
CVSup'ing it.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)