Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:38:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        adrian@virginia.edu
Cc:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>, Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LFS system?

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Adrian T. Filipi-Martin wrote:
> 	Yep, lots.  Ousterhout, one of the designers of LFS, was at
> Berkely. I belive the BS support was put in by his group originally.  The
> concept was first implemented under the SPRITE OS.  It just hasn't been
> maintained in the 4.4BSD's though. :-(

I think it works only slightly better under Sprite than it does under 4.4.
I was lucky to go an hour with LFS under Sprite.  Switching to the other
Sprite filesystem made the machines fairly well behaved.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/