Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 13:35:56 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        mark@grondar.za, hackers@FreeBSD.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: Soldering irons [Was Re: looking for IP over printer...]

> In message <199505032110.XAA08757@grumble.grondar.za>, Mark Murray writes:
> >The three most dangerous things in a computer centre:
>
> >1) A hacker with a soldering iron,
> >2) the mainframe technician with a patch,
> >3) and a user with a Good Idea (tm).
>
> You missed one :
>
> 4) Someone looking for a socket to plug their widget into and finding they
>    have to unplug one of those funny whirring boxes.

You should work in an engineering dept. full of windows weenies.
I've actually had one idiot unplug my box to plug a kettle in
because I wasn't around so obviously didn't need my machine to be
running!

In many ways I'm glad I'm leaving....

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.isl.cf.ac.uk/