Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 00:15:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, doc@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOWTO make a FreeBSD port

 * the mess that's currently there.  I'm confident in saying that the
 * current "how to do a port" document is trash since I wrote quite a bit
 * of it! :-)  I've wanted to redo it for some time.

Gee thanks, however I can tell you that what is in there is quite
different from what you originally wrote because it is almost totally
rewritten by me! :>

What we definitely need is a link from the main ports section (4.2
as of today), as some people seem to not even know the existence of
this document since you moved it into the contribution part! :p

Satoshi