Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 1996 20:32:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Rohn Wood 2-16-95 <rohn@cygnus.bigsky.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Mirror 2.4 Memory Leak

I have been working for weeks trying to track down a memory leak problem
with Mirror-2.4 from  src.doc.ic.ac.uk --  I grabbed the copy of Mirror
for FreeBSD via sysinstall after upgrading to FreeBSD 2.1.0, but that
copy has the same memory leak.  This leak is documented in the TODO file
shipped with the Mirror-2.4 distribution and is described as follows:

>Track down severe memory leak on processing ftp'dir_open -> get_remote_dir..
>that doesn't seem to be there if local_file -> get_remote_dir..

Presumably, there is a clue in how to configure Mirror buried in this
problem description, but I haven't hit upon yet, and have been fairly
well stymied in my attempts to use Mirror.  I assume that others have
resolved this problem, as everyone says to use Mirror for doing mirrors.

Can anyone help me out?  I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks

Rohn Wood