Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 1997 00:14:55 +0100 (MET)
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Peter Hawkins <peter@clari.net.au>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail weirdness

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> > Has anyone any clues what may be going on here?

[...]

> FWIW, there are some folks running BSDi who see the same problem.  I'm
> beginning to smell some sort of incompatability in the BSD stack and
> Qualcomm's popper, but I personally have users who download megabytes of
> email every day w/out a problem, so maybe it's a modem setup problem?

We have exactly the same problem. Customers with absolutely stable links
(using modems with CSLIP and/or ISDN with PPP) have sometimes problems
with popper, especially with large mails. I tried to reproduce the
problem using perl to no avail....

Martin

| Martin Jangowski              E-Mail: maja@birdland.rhein-neckar.de |
| Voice: +49 621/53 95 06                       Fax: +49 621/53 95 07 |
| Snail Mail: Koenigsbacher Str. 16      D-67067 Ludwigshafen Germany |
| RNInet e.V.                                   Rhein-Neckar Internet |