Date:      Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:11:16 -0800
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
To:        perryh@pluto.rain.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Playing .ASX files via/within Firefox ?

In message <4ee03877.643sERzmrKxLoTg4%perryh@pluto.rain.com>, you wrote:

>"Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com> wrote:
>
>> At least this gives me confidence that it can be done.  I am still
>> somewhat at a loss to know exactly _how_ it can be done however.
>
>For me, it "just works".  I installed 8.1-RELEASE (not all that
>long after it was released), installed FF and some other ports
>(using packages), and haven't done anything that I remember to
>"get FF to work".
>
>However, as Chris Hill pointed out, I am only seeing the still
>image.  I don't even see the link for a video stream.

Some but not all of the different hiway cams have live video streams,
and you can tell which ones just by clicking on the various camera
icons.  The ones with live video streams provide a link for the live
viedo at the top of the little box that pops up when you click on the
little camera icon for that particular camera.

The ones nead Sacramento, and on up 80 and 50 into the Sierras generally
seem to have the video links, but a lot of the others don't seem to have
that.

Anyway, I'm running 8.2-RELEASE, and I'm still not shure why the video
doesn't work for me.  Bad luck I guess.  Somewhere there is an evil bitGod
who doesn't like me. :-)