Date:      Tue, 26 May 1998 01:16:51 -0400
From:      Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMTP Relay probing - Should I follow up - advice?

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Blaine Minazzi wrote:
> Can we band together and dely all mail services to alter.net's
> customers?  Or, maybe push other backbone providers to cancel the
> peering arangements with them.
>
> That might send the legit customers somewhere else, if lots of there
> mail comes back denied, or the cannot connect to many services.

Or it may encourage Alternet customers to complain.  Most places are
more concerned when customers complain then when outsiders do.  Of
course to have this effect rejected mail should be sent back with a
useful message like

      "rejected due to lots of spam.  Complain to xxxx@alter.net and get
       them to make and enforce a useful AUP"

On Mon, May 25, 1998 at 11:02:56PM -0400, Shaun wrote:
> Oh, that's brilliant...Are you going to take up a collection for all
> us legit customers so we can switch and pay the startup fees for some
> other Tier 1 provider??

I suggest you, as an Alternet customer, complain loudly and often until
they crack down on spam originating their domain.

--
Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>, DDM Consulting