Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 2013 08:57:49 -0400
From:      Adam McDougall <mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with pkgng (pkg upgrade)

On 09/09/13 08:31, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm wondering why the chrome process has the habit of crashing when I do
> "pkg upgrade" (last time, it was a signal 11).
>
> I certainly expect something like this during a "pkg upgrade" that
> involves "chromium" package itself, but this also happens with updating
> something totally unrelated, such as when "pkg upgrade" only upgrades
> "pkg" (in the first run); or maybe upgrading "nano", or stuff like that.
>
> Is it expected?
> Is it only me?
> In that case, I can probably help with debug.

It is not only you, it happens on pretty much all my installs.  It can
happen even if you pkg install something small and unrelated to
chromium.  Last week I was shocked when I ran pkg upgrade and it did NOT
cause chromium to crash; it had even replaced chromium itself!  I don't
think it crashes 100% of the time, but most.  I don't have time to debug
it.  Just in case it got fixed, be sure to test using the latest
chromium version from ports.