Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 13:20:48 -0500
From:      adam@choice.net (Mark Knipfer)
To:        orders@cdrom.com, support@cdrom.com, info@freebsd.org, support@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD v2.1.7

To Whom It Concerns:

I purchased FreeBSD v2.1.7 CD-ROM (2-set) a couple weeks ago and have been
trying ever since to install it on my system.  I heard from some other FreeBSD
users that my computer may be incompatible, which I have found out was untrue
and FreeBSD should work on my without problems.

Before and ever since that I have heard that, FreeBSD v2.1.7 has not installed
on the system.  It does load to a point and receive various errors:

    * missing files or permission denied while loading from the cd-rom's

    * missing kernel routines or distributions from the cd (filename.tgz
      files)

    * debugging mode not permitted to run on this version.

    * can not create user profile (when the install.txt file tells you need
      to create a profile for yourself)

    * system lock ups when loading FreeBSD v2.1.7 which errors stating that
      kernel has errors or damaged operating system.

and so on witht the errors.  I have spent the last 1-2 weeks trying to load
this operating system which seems not want to load on my system.

I remember reading on the web page that there is a 30-day money back guarantee,
hassle free.  I would like send this cd-rom set back (FreeBSD v2.1.7) and
receive my money back since it has taken up so much of my time, and getting no
where.

I hope that this message is not ignored like the rest of my support e-mail
messages that I have written for assistance.

Thanks,
Mark Knipfer
President of Adam Computer Services
mailto: adam@choice.net