Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:43:38 +0100
From:      "Andre Goeree" <abgoeree@wish.net>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup deletes *.png files created by peps

Hello -doc,

I am not sure whether this subject has come up in this list before as
I am not subscribed to this list (and did not bother to search the
archives).

Whenever I cvsup the doc tree the following happens:
*** Starting cvsup at 09:07:13

Parsing supfile "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/doc-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.freebsd.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1e
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection doc-all/cvs
 Delete doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/advanced-networking/isdn-bus.png
 Delete doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/advanced-networking/isdn-twisted-pair.png
 Delete doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/advanced-networking/natd.png
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully

*** Finished cvsup at 09:07:29

The files isdn-{bus,twisted-pair}.png and natd.png where once part of
the doc tree but are dead now. However these filenames are still used.
This causes the handbook to be compiled every time, even when there
are no changes to this part of the tree. Since the handbook is the
biggest part of the doc tree and takes considerable time to compile
(at least on my PII350/128:), this is getting a bit annoying:(

The easiest fix to this problem would be to rename the files
isdn-{bus,twisted-pair}.png, natd.png to something that is not dead.

Should I file a PR about this?

Please CC replies to my address as I am not subscribed to this list.
-ago