Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:42:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Welch <WELCHDW@wofford.edu>
To:        QUESTIONS@FREEFALL.FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp install of 2.1

Problem: Install of version 2.1 FreeBSD reports that it cannot make the
ftp connection under ppp link between two systems sitting on the same
table.

(1) One system is running 2.0.5 and a (mitsumi) cdrom. That's where I'm
trying to fetch the 2.1 files from.

(2) The ppp link connects flawlessly between that system and the new
system.

(3) This setup works fine for installing 2.0.5 in this ftp mode --
except for the quirk that I must make it try the ftp twice. The 2nd try
always succeeds.

Has something changed about the way FTP install works?