Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:59:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Danny Schales <dan@coes.LaTech.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with compiling some port

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Bill Vermillion wrote:
> The errors are along the line of CFLAGS not found, along with
> CPPFLAGS, CPP, LDFLAGS, build_alias, target_alias_set - all not
> found.
>
> After the above I get 'configure: error: can run /bin/ksh
> conftools/config.sub.  I also tried the 'toor' login to be sure
> it was not a ksh problem and got the smae but with cant run
> /bin/sh ....

I saw the same thing last night.  I think it was on libmcrypt (I updated a
lot of ports last night).   The top level configure script was ok, but
when it descended into a subdirectory (libltdl or something like that)
configure would blow up similarly.  I ran configure by hand inside the
work src directory and it went through cleanly, so I was able to
get it installed (touch .configure_done.blah to fool ports Makefile).

Danny