Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/17552: Documentation error in divert(4)

The following reply was made to PR docs/17552; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To: sam@enst.fr
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 15:39:40 +0100

 On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 06:13:51PM +0100, sam@enst.fr wrote:
 > >Fix:
 >
 > Two possible immediate fixes:
 >
 >   (1) Doc fix: change divert(4) manpage
 >
 >   (2) Code fix: when entering div_bind, change the nam->sin_addr field
 >       if nam->sin_family is AF_INET so that it contains INADDR_ANY. It may
 >       break things that would depend on the fact that a diverted socket
 >       can be bound to a particular interface though (natd does use
 >       INADDR_ANY explicitely).

 According to Brian and Paul (who are sat next to me on the train back
 from a UK Newcastle meet) this really needs a code change rather than a
 doc change.  So I'm following up to this in order to remind me to
 reassign this PR to the appropriate people when I get IP connectivity
 back. . .