Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2012 12:31:59 +1000
From:      Robert Backhaus <robbak@robbak.com>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to run massive portmaster update without repeated interruptions?

On 27 October 2012 12:21, Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> When updating many ports with portmaster, I get frequent interruptions with a prompt such as
> ===>>> Delete gstreamer-0.10.35.tar.bz2? y/n [n]
>
> How do I avoid this inefficiency?  I don't see any way to say "yes, and please don't ask again!"
>
> My /usr/local/etc/portmaster.rc is
>
> MAKE_PACKAGE=gopt
> SAVE_SHARED=wopt
> PM_LOG=/var/log/portm.log
> NO_BACKUP=Bopt
>
> I don't remember this ever happening when I used portupgrade.
>
> Tom

What it is asking you is permission to delete old distfiles. You have
two options to add to your portmaster.rc:

ALWAYS_SCRUB_DISTFILES=dopt
To always remove them without asking, or

DONT_SCRUB_DISTFILES=Dopt
To never delete them. Your distfiles directory will quickly get
massive if you don't do something about stale distfiles.