Date:      Wed, 08 Feb 2012 22:07:07 +0000
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@gmail.com>
To:        claudiu vasadi <claudiu.vasadi@gmail.com>
Cc:        flo@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: porting percona's xtrabackup (currently version 1.6.4)

--------------enig70C8B142AAE584FA56952AC1

Hi claudiu,

flo@ and pgollucci@ (myself) should be able to help as maintainers of
percona-toolkit and percona.

Let me get back to you tonight or Friday.

You might look at CONFIGURE_SCRIPT=3D  in the mean-time.  See Mk/bsd.port=
=2Emk.

On 02/08/12 21:36, claudiu vasadi wrote:
> [...]
> The last version of percona's xtrabackup utility in the ports is 1.1. I=

> think this is a bit old. Therefore, I have written an e-mail to the
> maintainer of the port asking if it would be possible to create a newer=

> version. No answer yet.
>=20
> Since I'm the curious type of guy, I went ahead and tried it out myself=
=2E So
> far, I have this:
>=20
>=20
> PORTNAME=3D xtrabackup
> PORTVERSION=3D 1.6.4
> CATEGORIES=3D databases
> MASTER_SITES=3D
> http://www.percona.com/downloads/XtraBackup/XtraBackup-1.6.4/source/
>=20
> COMMENT=3D OpenSource version of InnoDB backup with support of Percona
> extensions
>=20
> MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=3D yes
> USE_GMAKE=3D yes
>=20
> OPTIONS=3D innodb51_builtin "built-in InnoDB in MySQL 5.1" off \
> innodb51 "InnoDB plugin in MySQL 5.1" off \
> innodb55 "InnoDB in MySQL 5.5" on \
> xtradb51 "Percona Server with XtraDB 5.1" off \
> xtradb55 "Percona Server with XtraDB 5.5" off
>=20
> BUILD_DEPENDS=3D bash:${PORTSDIR}/shells/bash
> bzr:${PORTSDIR}/devel/bazaar-ng
>=20
>=20
>=20
> .include <bsd.port.options.mk>
>=20
> .if defined(WITH_innodb51_builtin)
> .endif
>=20
> .if defined(WITH_innodb55)
> .endif
>=20
> .if defined(WITH_xtradb51)
> .endif
>=20
> .if defined(WITH_xtradb55)
> .endif
>=20
>=20
> .include <bsd.port.mk>
>=20
>=20
> Problems so far:
> The xtrabackup archive has no [configure script. Instead, there is 1
> script, build.sh that takes care of everything (using bash). Installati=
on
> rolls down to:
>=20
>> AUTO_DOWNLOAD=3D"YES" ./utils/build.sh <engine_option> <<<--- this is =
where
> the dialog box should kick in
>=20
>=20
>=20
> My question is:
> 1) Is there a way to connect this script to the make (I think) command =
of
> the ports framework and to the OPTIONS parameter from the port?

--=20
Member,                           Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Director Operations,              Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.