Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:51:33 -0700
From:      "Kevin Glick" <keving@sbfnet.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ODBC

I'm hoping somebody else has done this, and can point me in the right
direction.  The company I work for has an NCR Unix machine that runs some
COBOL applications, and stores the information in a database that they refer
to as "vision files" (I'm not familiar with that at all).  We have a Windows
PC that is used for shipping, with an ODBC link to the NCR.  The software
used for that connection is AcuODBC.

We're going to be putting a web server together soon, and I'd like to use
FreeBSD instead of Windows Server.  My question is, does anybody know if
there is an ODBC driver for FreeBSD to connect to whatever database type
COBOL/vision uses?  The website will be written in PHP, if that helps.

Kevin Glick
ITS Manager
Sterling Business Forms
keving@sbfnet.com