Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:04:15 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Wordpress outputs an empty page after ports upgrade

On 07/20/2010 12:11, Remko Lodder wrote:
> Not about the mentioned parts.
>
> But you are about:
>
> "Please make sure there is the valid maintainer e-email specified for wordpress."
>
> Without context and the like (should I mention that the original report to the maintainer's email address is "lacking information" ?) you seem to have this against
> the entire Ports Community. That can only be resolved if you volunteer to do the work to make it happen. Else you need to learn to live with it that sometimes
> addresses get bogus. Did you consider that the guy might have been taken out of his email? that ther emight be issues at the provider? That he might have changed
> ISP's and didn't change email addresses yet? Or one of the many other reasons that we can think of?
>
> Its like this: You emailed with limited information, to an email address that is currently not responding. Whether that has it's reasons or not, or whether that's on purpose
> is something we cannot comment on and need to see whether this might or might not is a problem.
>
> On the other end: i tested this and his primairy MX seems to refuse connections, whilst the secondary does not allow relay. That might be a transient problem.
>
> Please wait and see, and file a PR in case this is a real problem for you.

You are really reading much more into my message than was actually put
there. Sorry if that's my the style that triggered this. But I would
like to assure you that I wasn't even close to put anything against the
ports or FreeBSD community.

I communicate to maintainers a lot. And usually quite productive. This
case caught attention and I posted on ports@. Brief, just to let people
know. That's all to it. I also don't have much time to investigate
myself, have hundreds of things to do.

What concerns wordpress problem, that's really all info I have: with the
current 8.1 and ports it produces blank output. I really don't have more
information.

Thanks,
Yuri