Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 07:29:03 +0800 (HKT)
From:      John Beukema <john@gateway.net.hk>
To:        Paul Howard Gray <phgray@tcjcnelrc.edu>
Cc:        bsdi-users@hidden-foes.gateway.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet gateway references

BSD/OS is good, stable and covers the basics. They have a support service
(which hovever seems to spend much of its bandwidth on whether your
maintenance contract has been paid, what the invoice number was etc).
IMHO its development is static and there are relatively few new drivers.
I have switched to FreeBSD.  Aside from price, I have found having full
source, and **friendly** help from really knowledgable developers, makes
the difference.  FreeBSD 2.1.0 is very stable and performs very well and
it has a great installation proceedure.
jbeukema